These days, it is all about using different sources of energy to power certain appliances. Most commonly, hybrid cars are being used to increase fuel conservation and to reduce the amount of carbon emissions that are released into the atmosphere. But now, people are using hybrid technology to heat and cool their homes. These hybrid HVAC systems typically incorporate two energy sources: electricity and natural gas – sometimes propane. Electrical heat pumps are already more energy efficient than traditional HVAC systems, but once you incorporate another energy source, you will have a more powerful and more energy efficient system. Here are five benefits of energy saving hybrid HVAC systems.
- They are surprisingly quieter. Indeed, these green hybrid units don’t go on overdrive, because the system usually senses when it is time to switch to another source. In older, non-hybrid units, you had to worry about the sound of electricity pumping through the unit. Even natural gas systems can start to become noisy. So, if you want a quieter HVAC system that doesn’t interrupt the peace in your home or keep you up at night, a hybrid HVAC system is probably the system for you. For instance, Trane Air Conditioning Systems has some of the most advanced units – with the lowest decibel levels – on the market.
- They drastically increase energy efficiency. With older systems – especially fuel powered systems – you had to burn a lot of energy to heat your home. Also, fuel is expensive and burns fast. With a hybrid system, you can utilize the power of dual heat sources, which means that you can burn less of each source. And because hybrid systems are so advanced and built with efficiency in mind, they produce much less waste.
- They are better for the environment. Because hybrid systems use two sources of energy and because they pump out less carbon dioxide, you are effectively reducing your impact on the environment. In fact, these hybrid systems are by far the best systems for the environment. If you have been using a strictly fuel powered system or a strictly electrical system, there is a good chance that you have been creating a larger and larger carbon footprint over the years. With a hybrid system, you won’t need to worry about your impact on the environment being so damaging.
- They are cleaner. Indeed, hybrid HVAC systems are a lot cleaner than traditional systems. Because the system switches off between heat sources, you won’t need to worry about getting too much exhaust. When it comes down to it, traditional HVAC systems have an incredibly strong odor – especially if they utilize propane or another type of pungent fuel. With a hybrid system, however, you won’t need to worry about the smell or residue build up, which can cut down the amount of messy maintenance.
- They can save you money. Just like a hybrid car can save you money on fuel, a hybrid HVAC system will save you money on your monthly energy bill. If your energy bills have been quite high, it may be in your best interest to switch over to a green hybrid HVAC system – you’ll certainly be glad you switched over.