As many people may know, most cleaning products are laden with chemicals and toxins. You can smell these chemicals when you clean your windows, carpets, furniture, walls, and so on. Well, that smell also means that you are breathing in those toxins, which can ultimately have acute affects on your health and your family’s health. Some of these toxins affect your respiratory mechanism and some of them can have a neurological affect. Plus, most of these chemicals are extremely damaging for the environment – not only when you use them, but also when you discard the bottles. This is why green cleaning for your home is so important and beneficial. Here are five natural cleaning product benefits of home homeowners.
- It’s natural. One of the biggest benefits of using natural cleaning products is that they are totally natural. This means that you don’t need to go to a market to buy chemical-laden cleaning products – you can make many of these solutions at home. For instance, if you have things like vinegar, baking soda and lemon – you can make a disinfectant to clean all sorts of surfaces – from your floors to your windows, and beyond.
- It is more cost effective. Having to continually purchase new cleaning products can start to get expensive. Some cleaning solutions can wind up costing you a pretty penny, especially if you have a busy household and need a lot of cleaning supplies. With many of the green cleaning solutions available, you can simply make them at home with preexisting ingredients that you may already have in your cabinets. So, the next time you think of running out to purchase a new ammonia-based cleaning product, why not see if you can concoct something in your kitchen – you may be pleasantly surprised.
- It smells better. Toxic cleaning supplies smell toxic. That smell lingering in the air contains compounds called VOCs. These VOCs, or volatile organic compounds, are released from sprays and other supplies – they will not only contribute to the detriment of the environment and the atmosphere, but they can also be incredibly dangerous to breathe in. With natural cleaning supplies, however, you won’t have to worry about these compounds, because natural solutions don’t contain any volatile organic compounds. This will make your house really smell fresh and sweet.
- It is better for the environment. No matter if you create the cleaning solutions yourself or if you hire a professional green housecleaning service, like Brighthouse Luxury Green Home Cleaning, you will be taking effective measures to reduce your carbon footprint. As a homeowner, it is important to play your roll when it comes to reducing your impact on the environment.
- It is less dangerous for you and your family. As a homeowner, another responsibility is to make sure your family is safe and healthy. This is why you want to go green when it comes to cleaning your home. Not only will green methods be better for the environment, but it will also reduce the negative impact on your health too. In the end, green cleaning is much healthier – and your house will look great too.