There are a number of things you want to consider when purchasing a range hood for your kitchen and for your stove. When it comes down to it, the range hood in your kitchen isn’t just an essential appliance that ventilates cooking emissions and provides light to your stove top – it is also a vital aesthetic element. So, the last thing you want is to get a range hood that doesn’t fit your kitchen’s aesthetic look. Do you have an old rustic kitchen? – You may want something that is a little more rustic looking, like brushed metal or copper. Here are five things to consider when purchasing a range hood for your kitchen.
- What size range hood do I need? When it comes down to it, your range hood’s size will usually be dependent on the size of your stove. You usually want a range hood that can capture the full breadth of your stove top’s emissions. However, you may have limited space in your kitchen, which can be a quandary. The easiest solution is to purchase a range hood that is smaller and has more ventilation power.
- What if I don’t want a range hood that is too loud? When it comes down to it, range hoods can be loud – it can be hard to listen to music when you cook and it can be hard to have a conversation with friends and family. If you are cooking a rather greasy or smokey meal, you may miss out on a lot. Range hood sound is usually measured by something called a sone. A conversation with a friend or loved with is probably around five sones, so you want a range hood with only a couple of sones.
- What if I want a range hood that fits the look of my kitchen? If you are looking for a specific style of range hood, you may want to visit Range Hoods Inc. – you will be able to find exactly what you are looking for. If you have a more modern kitchen, you may want a range hood that is made out of stainless steel - it may even match the aesthetic of the rest of your kitchen. At the end of the day, your range hood should also match your unique personality.
- What kind of capacity to do I need? This is an important consideration, because you don’t want to wind up with a range hood that doesn’t match your unique specifications. If you are an avid cook or if you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, you may need a range hood that can stand up to the task.
- What if my stove is in the middle of my kitchen? When it comes to range hoods, some fit nicely between cabinets and some fit in the ceiling. In fact, you can install a range hood just about anywhere. At the end of the day, you simply want to find the range hood that will best ventilate your cooking emissions and cut down grease from building up on your kitchen walls.