A home’s intrinsic value can drop or rise incredibly fast depending on a number of variables. When it comes to the housing market, it seems that even a slight gust of wind could knock a few thousand dollars of a home’s asking price. However, the are a few adjustments you can make to a home that will raise the home’s value and that won’t be affected by the market – at least for the time being. These improvements can include a quick paint job, or an even bigger renovation, like a complete kitchen redo. If you find yourself searching “sell house fast” online, there may be a simpler solution than you think. Here are five quick improvements that raise your home’s value.
- Add another bathroom. In the old days, home’s didn’t have bathrooms, but as indoor plumbing became the norm in many households, new homebuyers have added at least one more bathroom. The thing is, though, that a five bedroom home should have at least two bathrooms. If you think about it, a five bedroom home is best suited to a family. Can you imagine all your kids fighting over the bathroom in the morning? If you want to add value to your home, add a second bathroom – it will be worth.
- Update the kitchen. These days, stainless steel is all the rage. Not only that, but stainless steel also repels stains and other signs of age. If you have an old kitchen – with older appliances – it may be worthwhile to get all new appliances. You may even want to replace the old counters with either granite or marble. When you are looking for new appliances, you want to look for the Energy Star logo, because that way you will know that the appliances are certified.
- Add insulation to the attic. Many older homes, and even some not-so-old homes, have poor attic insulation. The result of this is that the home’s energy bills can be much higher and the home’s impact on the environment could be harmful. However, there is an easy and cost effective way to add insulation to the attic that won’t take away from the aesthetic value of the home and that will reduce monthly energy bills. Not only that, but the home will feel more comfortable.
- A pool. This is another amenity that is quickly becoming a requirement for many new homebuyers. Basically, a pool can be great for exercise and for entertainment. With a pool in the backyard, homebuyers will be much more attracted to the home. If you have enough room in your backyard, you may want to think about adding a pool. If you don’t have the room, you may want to think about adding a spa or some other type of water feature.
- A new roof. A new roof can be a great way to improve a home’s curb appeal. The curb appeal of a home is basically the home’s aesthetic value, or how good the home looks from the curb. If the home looks good, it could raise the value of the home. When it comes to increasing the asking price for your home, adding a roof may be a smart investment.