Renovating your bathroom can either be a nightmare or a delight depending on how prepared you are. If you want to renovate your bathroom without all the hassle, it is important to know that preparation and planning are everything. Renovating your bathroom can be a great way to improve your quality of life and it can even raise the property value of your home. Moreover, if you want to increase your enjoyment of the bathroom, a renovation can make sure that taking a bath and enjoying an evening afterwork is something memorable – not a bland experience. Here are five tips for ensuring a hassle-free bathroom renovation.
- Make sure that you have everything you need right in front of you. Renovating a bathroom piecemeal can be a tiresome and long drawn out experience. So, it is critical that you have all the materials you need for renovation. What happens if all you have is the paint, but you have already ripped out all the tiles and appliances? A new sink or toilet could take weeks to arrive, so you want to make sure you wait until you have everything you need before you start the renovation process.
- Have a blueprint. A blueprint will allow you to plan and map out the entire renovation process. When you draft a blueprint, you want to spend time with it, because you might make adjustments here and there. The last thing you want is to jump into a renovation project and not know what to do next. In your blueprint, you want to include everything from the color of the walls to the type of tile you want to use.
- Make sure you include storage into your plan. Many people renovate their bathroom, but then realize that they completely forgot to include storage into the final plans. Storage is important in the shower and in the greater part of the bathroom. Not only is it important to have a medicine cabinet, but you also need to have a place to put toiletries. In the shower you need someplace to put soap and shampoo. So, making sure that you have plenty of storage is critical.
- Include proper lighting. Lighting is important in the bathroom. When you take a shower, you want to have bright lights so that you reduce the risk of falling and injuring yourself. When you are of advanced age, this is even more important. But not only is it important to have plenty of light to see, you also want some mood lighting for when you take a bath or want to relax in your bathroom.
- Make sure to have a home improvement store all mapped out in case you need more supplies or equipment. Chances are that you are going to need more supplies, so having a home improvement center mapped out, like Marshall Brothers home improvements, is critical when you are renovating your bathroom. Not only can a home improvement store supply you with tools, but they can also supply you with advice as well.