The bathroom – it can be a small space, but an incredibly important one. In fact, the bathroom is perhaps one of the most important rooms in the house. This is why it is so important to make an update if you haven’t in a while. An old, boring bathroom isn’t inspiring. It doesn’t make you want to take a bath after a long day of work and it won’t feel like such a welcome respite from the busyness of the world. Yet, renovating or decorating a bathroom can be expensive, which can make it difficult to spend the money and time on updating it. Yet, with a little creativity and a penny-pinching mindset, anyone can re-do their bathroom for pennies on the dollar. Here are five low cost update ideas.
- Art. Placing art on the wall of your bathroom can be a great way to take an old boring bathroom and bring it to life again. When it comes to art, you don’t even have to spend that much money. You can easily find art or posters online, or you can make the art yourself using old family photos or drawings. Also, finding frames is easy and affordable too. With a few large images, your bathroom will surely be brought back to life.
- New bathtub. Purchasing a new bathtub is often more affordable than you think and it can take your bathroom from looking old fashion to looking modern and new again. In fact, the bathtub is usually the centerpiece of many bathrooms, so it is important to have something that both looks great and feels great to take a bath in. If you visit Exotic Kitchen and Bath Expo, you can find numerous bathtubs and other bathroom features that will bring your old bathroom into the second decade of the 21st century.
- Paint the walls. Giving the walls of your bathroom a fresh new color is a quick and incredibly easy way to breathe new life into your bathroom. when it comes to bathroom colors, you want something that reflects your personality, but that will also make the experience of being in the bathroom more relaxing. For instance, deep reds and amber hues are nice, especially if you have a window that faces out towards the west and the sunset. Also, light colors, like lime and yellow work to too.
- Plants. Getting a nice houseplant for the bathroom can be a great way to transform your little bathroom into an oasis. Houseplants can add a unique aesthetic element, but they can also improve the air quality of the bathroom. For instance, plants will absorb moisture and cut down the risk of mold building up on the bathroom ceiling or walls. When it comes to plants, try finding something that can thrive in low light and on lots of moisture.
- New mirror. There is nothing like adding a new mirror to the bathroom to make it new and refreshing. You might even be able to find an old mirror with some nice antique details. Whatever you chose, though, make sure it goes with the decor of the rest of your home.