Cleaning your home is important for a number of reasons. For one, cleanliness connotes a sense of organization – when your home is messy or dirty it can be hard to find anything you need. Also, an unclean home can have other consequences too, like having increased allergy symptoms and even illnesses caused by viruses or bacteria. When it comes to cleaning your home and maintaining a sense of cleanliness, the bathroom and kitchen are by far the most important and you need proper tools to combat the grime. If you want to maintain a clean home, you need a few necessary tools. In fact, every homeowner should have these tools. Here are five essential tools for cleaning your home.
- Vacuum. If you want to thoroughly clean your home, you are going to need a vacuum. If you have carpeted floors, a vacuum is one of the only ways to remove the dirt and grime, which can build up quickly over even short periods of time. If you have children who drag dirt into the home, or pets, a high-powered vacuum is even more important. If you have allergies, you might want to look into purchasing a hypoallergenic vacuum.
- Rags. Plenty of rags, or ideally, microfiber cloths, are crucial when you are cleaning up heavy messes. The dirty areas of your home often need a little elbow grease. Microfiber cloths are designed to pick up dust and absorb liquids, which make them the perfect tool to perform a deep clean of the bathroom or kitchen and to do a light dusting around the house. It is important, however, to have a number of microfiber cloths on hand, because you will need one for soaking up liquids and then another to pick up solid detritus. The best part about microfiber cloths is that they don’t leave a heavy residue behind.
- Spray bottles. Many house cleaning services require that their workers keep a number of spray bottles on hand. Spray bottles are the most effective way to dispense cleaning solutions and also water, so that you can perform a thorough clean of any surface of your home. Moreover, having different spray bottles will allow you to contain different cleaning solutions – each with their own specific task. For instance, if you want to clean your bathroom, you might want to have a diluted solution of bleach and water in one of your spray bottles.
- Bucket. A good bucket is a vital tool to have when you are cleaning your home and especially if you are mopping the bathroom or kitchen. A good bucket is something you can hold on to for a long while and something that will be by your side when you need to perform a serious deep clean of your home. Not only that, but buckets are durable and hold a number of cleaning solutions.
- Sponges. If you want to soak up any kind of liquid, or if you want to scrub down a certain mess or stain, a good sponge will come in handy. In fact, your list of cleaning supplies is not complete until you have a sponge.